Northern Rivers Exchange is a simple, free and inexpensive way to advertise or look for Northern Rivers homestays for international students or other international or interstate visitors looking for a homestay experience.
Homestays: What is a homestay ?
Choosing homestay accommodation differs from renting a property or sharing accommodation.
A homestay experience is both a cultural and lifestyle exchange between the Northern Rivers Homestay Host or Family and their interstate or international visitors (often students).
The homestay visitor stays as a guest in the hosts home with their own room
"Found via a serendipity hunt on the internet hoping that there would be a place for university students seeking accommodation.
Surprised with the email and renewal service for placing adverts.
Well done, Joanna
Tips for writing a successful Homestay ad
• State clearly where the Homestay is - especially its proximity to transport and local educational institutions such as universities
• Provide details of what the Homestay includes ie information about the room, what meals are included and if any dietary specialties can be catered for (eg vegetarian), etc
• Use an informative headline to attract potential Homestay guests with the first 3 words of your ad copy
• Explain who lives in the Homestay – are you a family or individual, etc
• State the date the Homestay accommodation will become available FROM and TO
• Do not use all caps – capitalising everything actually emphasises nothing - submission all in capitals will convert to lower case
• If you want to increase the speed and no of responses you can pay the small fee to upgrade your ad to make sure that people see it first – it will be larger, get top billing above free ads and may include contain 5 images